[Radiance-general] a bug with rtcontrib?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:14:58 PDT 2008

Hi Pavlina,

You should set -bn 146 on your rtcontrib line, so that even if
nothing comes back in certain bins, the number of output values is
held constant.

Also note that the -as parameter gets overridden to 0 because it is
incompatible with the MC technique used by rtcontrib.  Indirect
calculation settings in general should be different from what you
would use for rtrace.  Large values for -ad do not necessarily help
you that much in rtcontrib, but I haven't explored the parameter
space enough myself to really offer sound advice.

Best,
-Greg