[Radiance-general] Ximage illuminance readings

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon Mar 10 14:04:06 PDT 2008

Dear Steve,

The 'l' command in ximage applies the 179 lumens/watt conversion
factor, so if the input is a picture created by rpict with the -i
option, you should be seeing lux values on your opaque surfaces.  If
you are off by a factor of ten, then I would suspect the input values
or the calculation are at fault.

Best,
-Greg