[Radiance-general] Ximage illuminance readings

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:48:33 PDT 2008

I know this is supposed to be fairly basic but needs clarification: I want to get lux readings from my pic files
When generating *.pic files (with -i option for irradiance) , viewing them with ximage and
selecting a point with the ximage 'l' command gives me values that are clearly NOT lux values (values appear to be 1/10th of my expected lux measurement).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the value in W/m2 at an efficacy of 179lm/watt? For daylight only or all irradiances? If so, what conversion to get lux values?

regards
Steve