[Radiance-general] Slow rendering with transparant textures

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Jul 30 03:28:47 PDT 2008

> I don't know if I would call this 'easy' -- you would have to mesh the
> surfaces in some way, which is not done by mkillum at all.

I thought that calling rtrace for each supported surface type using a
fixed resolution and writing the surface with a colorpict modifier
linking to the generated pixel image would be enough? Of course this
approach would be incredible slow for large models.

Renderparks supported this kind of export. But as it imported only mgf,
not native radiance, all texture information was lost.

Well, maybe I imagined this being easier then it actually is...CU Lars.