[Radiance-general] Slow rendering with transparant textures

iebele info at iebele.nl
Wed Jul 30 03:36:32 PDT 2008

Hi Lars,

> map one image per object, I do not see such a possibility any more. It
> might make sense to have simplified colorpict modifiers doing the most
> frequently used transformations hard-coded, without calling to the
> cal-file interpreter - e.g. a colorpictxy, colorpict xz and colorpict yz
> modifier which would allow to do all mapping in orthogonal models without
> cal-files. But it would break e.g. xform for such modifiers, and

Do you mean hard-coded in Radiance here? Such a feature makes sense to me
also.
In my case the mixfunc for transparancy is consuming lots of rendering time.
Although .cal files makes the whole system very flexible, some features are
so commonly used that of course it would be great if these were optimized a
bit. At the other hand I imagine that these kind of changes are not that
easily done, if it is possible at all, in the first place.

Iebele