[Radiance-general] New installation

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Jan 14 03:23:35 PST 2008

> Forget about the mouse. Radiance will be a whole new (command line)
> experience.

Was there some Radiance integration for ARRIS? Have to remember....

One note to Bill: There are two ways: compiling yourself and installing
precompiled. I do not even know what way you went, because you did not
tell us what package you downloaded where. There used to be compiled
Radicance binaries for Solaris on the official site, but I am not sure
for which releases and platforms. So, as others already wrote, first get
compilers (you can get the optimized C compilers for free from Sun, do
not waste your time with gcc on a Solaris installation), than makeall
install. I used to install into /opt/radiance-max.min on Solaris as this
was the way most packages where handled on my Sun.

Good luch! CU Lars.