[Radiance-general] daylight coefficients representation.

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed Feb 6 16:56:53 PST 2008

Hello Aditya,

How do you wish to visualize this information?  Since I presume you
don't have a 3-D display in mind, this leaves you with the problem of
projecting a hemisphere onto a flat image, which is bound to
introduce distortions.  I am attaching two Radiance .cal files, one
that goes from a vector direction to a Tregenza sky patch number as
used by Daysim, and the other which performs the reverse
translation.  It shouldn't be too difficult to convert these files
into something Matlab understands.

Best,
-Greg

(Beware line-wrapping -- you may need to paste these links manually.)

http://www.radiance-online.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ray/src/
cal/cal/tregenza.cal?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

http://www.radiance-online.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ray/src/
cal/cal/tregsrc.cal?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain