[Radiance-general] !genprism and !genbox errors

Bernd Zeimetz bernd at bzed.de
Sat Aug 9 07:31:00 PDT 2008

Lars O. Grobe wrote:

>> Has this command changed too? (such as rview to rvu)
>
> On Linux systems, there already exists a command genbox. So the package
> maintainers (I guess you use a debian or ubuntu setup?) have to rename
> these tools (I would guess to rgenbox, rgenprism) to avoid
> unpredicteable behaviour. The source tree at radsite/radiance-online
> doesn't reflect these changes, the documentation doesn't do it neither.

On Debian and Ubuntu these changes are documented in
/usr/share/doc/radiance/README.Debian
There's also described how to modify $PATH to get the old function back.

Cheers,

Bernd

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79