[Radiance-general] Installing library to Fedora 8

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sat Apr 26 07:36:07 PDT 2008

> bash: ./makeall: /bin/csh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> I then searched for any csh files and found two files under a folder
> called 'etc'.  These files are:
>
> etc/csh.login
> etc/csh.cshrc
>
> Are they the files that "makeall" was looking for?   If so, how can I
> make it work?

No. You found configuration files for the c-shell (that is csh), but
makeall is searching for the binary, the "program" itself. I guess that
you are using bash, which is the most common shell on Linux today.

Look for files called csh or tcsh in /bin, /usr/bin. If they do not
exist, you will have to install a c-shell compatible package, most
probably tcsh. I am not an ubuntu-user, on my debian box I would do so
using apt-get install tcsh .

I hope this is of any help, Lars.