[Radiance-general] rpict, rtrace start up time and number of sources

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:19:45 PDT 2008

Hi Lars,

I also have quite a few instances in my scene, so I don't think
that's it.  I don't know why meshes would be any different, unless
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the light sources are grouped
into spheres.  Do you have many light sources per each of your 1850
illum's?  If so, these should be defined with a glow material with a
restricted radius.  Otherwise, there is no point to using mkillum.
Can you send me the description of one of your light sources in a
separate e-mail (off-list)?

-Greg