[Radiance-general] su2rad.rb - update of the Sketchup to Radiance converter

Casper Esmeijer C.Esmeijer at mook.peutz.nl
Tue Apr 15 13:28:06 PDT 2008

Dear radiance community,

I have been trying to get the su2rad plugin from Thomas Bleicher working on OS X. However, at
startup it displays these error messages in a UI.messagebox in sketchup 6:
undefined method `file_loaded?' for main:Object
/Users/Casper/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp
6/SketchUp/Plugins/location.rb:163

After I hit the 'ok' button the next messagebox appears:
undefined method `file_loaded?' for main:Object
/Users/Casper/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp
6/SketchUp/Plugins/su2rad.rb:167

After that I get a load errors overview from sketchup displaying that it won't load these two files
due to the file_loaded error.

A little disappointed I try to load su2rad through the ruby console (load 'su2rad.rb') and to my
surprise it returns:
> load 'su2rad.rb'
++ found preferences file '/Users/Casper/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp
6/SketchUp/Plugins/su2radlib/config.rb'
++ applied preferences from '/Users/Casper/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp
6/SketchUp/Plugins/su2radlib/config.rb'
true

So I try my luck and enter load 'location.rb' and this one also returns "true". In the "plugins"
menu a Radiance item is added as well as a location-item.

Even though it is working after all (my compliments to Thomas Bleicher), I wonder why I get
these error messages in the first place. Someone out there who knows?

Regards,
Casper Esmeijer