[Radiance-general] Re: limited number of materials?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Nov 15 08:39:26 PST 2007

> There is no limit on name reuse in Radiance.  Why would there be?

I remember having had problems (rvu: too many modifiers in ambient list)
because I had redefined materials too often and excluded them from
ambient calculation later. I thought it was a problem of material
definitions / name, not the total number of definitions, as even if
there is only one material name, every definitions adds an modifier id
to the lists. Had I been wrong, was it the total number (2047) of
material definitions than?

Thank you & CU, Lars.