[Radiance-general] Re: limited number of materials?

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu Nov 15 08:56:02 PST 2007

Hi Lars,

You are correct about this.  There is a limit to the number of
materials that may be included in the ambient exclude list (2047 in
this case) or the trace set of rtrace (8192).  I could raise these
limits in the distribution, or you could yourself by adding:

	-DMAXASET=N -DMAXTSET=M

to the build options in the makeall "rmake" script and recompiling.

All I was saying is that there is no fundamental limit to the number
of times a material may be redefined.  You can say there is a limit
with respect to the include/exclude settings, but this is not the
same as a basic limit.  If Jelle wants to exclude his reused material
name, then he may have a problem.

-Greg