[Radiance-general] mkillum settings - borrowed light

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Feb 20 09:47:23 CET 2007

Hi!

> For the outside windows, genrad suggests a ground ambient level of 68.5

hm, genrad, not part of the radiance distribution? Is it genrad from
that old CAD-integration project?

> As I am using trad/rad I want to embed the commands within the window
> rad file rather than in the rif 'mkillum=' line. Reading the man page
> for mkillum, it suggests that these options can be embedded but have had
> no success to date.

Just add a line at the beginning of the window's scene description:

#@mkillum s=16 d=8

As for specifying different av settings for the windows, I guess things
will get really complicated when you want to automate the mkillum
processes. You can specify the mkillum settings in the input file, but
what you want to set (av, ar, ...) are the rtrace parameters that
mkillums uses when starting rtrace processes.

Do you really need different av's? I'd increase the overall ambient
accuracy, set a high ab (not needed for the outer windows, but it is not
so important in rendering times if only used for the illum generation).

Good luck! Lars.