[Radiance-general] Radmap: to produce irradiation map

Francesco Anselmo pisuke at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 14:02:28 PST 2007

Dear Prasanta,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks to Rob for helping out.

> I assume, for latitude 40.8 north, longitude 73.9 west & meridian 75
> west of Greenwich, the location options in radmap should be
> "-a 40.8 -o -73.9 -m -75". Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes this is correct.

Judging from your previous command line option you are using
the default cumulative sky method, and you can relax the sky resolution
to a lower value, for example 128, saving a lot of time without
compromising results.

As Rob pointed out, you should download a more recent version of
radmap, and on unix systems it runs without need to compile it,
provided that you have python installed.

Let me know how it works.

Ciao,

Francesco