[Radiance-general] Radmap: to produce irradiation map

Prasanta Bhattarai bhattarai at simcenter.org
Mon Dec 3 12:00:24 PST 2007

Hi Rob,

Thanks again.

I have one more question regarding radmap location options.

Going through the radmap manual, it says,
	−a, −−latitude [n]
	specify location latitude [degrees north] (it works only with EPW 	weather files)
	−o, −−longitude [n]
	specify location longitude [degrees east of Greenwich] (it works only 	with EPW weather files)
	−m, −−meridian [n]
	specify location meridian [degrees east of Greenwich] (it works only 	with EPW weather files
So I assume, for latitude 40.8 north, longitude 73.9 west & meridian 75 west of Greenwich, the location options in radmap should be " -a 40.8 -o -73.9 -m -75". Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am rendering with these options, and I will share with you if the shadows in renderings look reasonable to me.

Best,

Prasanta