[Radiance-general] [Help] Problem with ximage in 7.3.2

Itzinger, Oskar oitzinger at opec.org
Tue May 23 09:03:16 CEST 2006

James,

hmm, while I apparently don't have "asd.rif" [can't find it in 3.7.2],
the
following works quite ok on my SGI Fuel [Irix 6.5.28/MipsPro 7.4.4/V12]:

IRIS 9 $ cd /disk03/mephisto/source/radiance_3.7.2/obj/misc
IRIS 10 $ /disk03/mephisto/source/radiance_3.7.2/bin/glrad daf.rif
        oconv daf.rad > daf.oct
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

...and I indeed get a daffodil rendered!

/oskar

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:39:57 GMT
> From: James Lee <canoe at onetel.com>
> Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] [Help] Problem with ximage in 7.3.2
> To: Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>
>
> On 15/05/06, 17:07:52, Gregory "J." Ward
> <gregoryjward at gmail.com> wrote
> regarding Re: [Radiance-general] [Help] Problem with ximage in 7.3.2:
>
> > I have not had any other reports of any problems with the latest
> > version of ximage in 8-bit mode, but it's difficult to find hardware
> > these days that even supports 8-bit color lookups.  There
> may well be
> > a bug, but I can't find it if I can't find hardware on which to
> > reproduce the problem.
>
> ximage works on 8-bit displays with no problems.
>
> The OpenGL programs don't, eg:
>
> $ glrad asd.rif
> fatal - no suitable visuals available
>
> James.

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any of its attachment(s) by unintended recipient may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and permanently delete the original e-mail and attachment(s) from your computer system.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by OPEC, unless otherwise clearly indicated in the message, and the authority of the author to so bind OPEC is duly verified. OPEC does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information contained in the e-mail content transmitted over the Internet.

Thank you for your cooperation.