[Radiance-general] gloss and area light source rendering problem

Yun-Xian Ho yunxian.ho at nyu.edu
Tue May 23 05:40:25 CEST 2006

Thanks for the speedy and helpful responses, Jack and Greg. It's good to
know that there is nothing necessarily wrong with my code, just my
perception. :) This also suggests that I should probably not make these
surfaces "shiny." In response to Jack's P.S., the geometry is designed
to investigate gloss and the perception of bumpiness, where bumpiness is
defined as the variance of bump heights (ellipsoid depths). I was
inspired by a variety of skin imperfections...and clusters of shiny
raspberries. If course, if anyone has any better suggestions of modeling
"macro-bumpiness," I'd be happy to hear them.

--xian