[Radiance-general] lighting fixtures data

william reynolds william.reynolds at oriel.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 14:01:21 CET 2006

Greg
Good timing 'eh!
I was hoping to find IES data, but I have heard of EULUMDAT -> IES
converter somewhere, so that would be possible too. failing that, i
figured anything was better than nothing, and i'd work out how use the
data once i got it if it was a different format!

the HDR idea sounds really interesting though. unfortunately i know
nothing about it as yet, but i'll try google as my next step!
Any help you could give me would be really appreciated - this input
method sounds very helpful as i do have access to the lights, a dark
room and a camera!

I dont quite understand how you would get the data into radiance though
- the only idea I can think of at he moment would be to somehow convert
the pixel brightness information into a .dat file that you then used
with a source as normal. So I guess you would need to turn the photo
into .pic file, and then somehow extract the pixel brightness data into
another file and interpret it, perhaps converting it to ies format? or
even stright to .dat?

am i wildly out, or somehow along the right lines. i'm thinking on my
feet, and there my well allready be something with in radiance to do all
this!

thanks for the suggestion. off to look up HDR now!
will