[Radiance-general] iges conversion

Chris Foster chris.foster at npl.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 16:49:04 CEST 2006

Hello,

Does anyone know how to use BRL-CAD? I have a simple .igs file and am tryin to convert it into a .g (BRLCAD format) and from that into a .obj format so that i can use it in radiance. (i cannot do a straight .igs to .obj transformation with BRLCAD).

Im following the manuel that came with BRLCAD and Lars has helped me alot, however im still stuck (and simple!)

I have my iges-g, g-obj and .igs file in the same directory (brlcad), but when i type (in a shell window)

'iges-g -o picture.o picture.igs'  <------------taken from manuel previously mentioned

It tells me this

displays at cropston brlcad]$ ./iges-g -o 42211A.g 42211A.igs
./iges-g: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.19: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ive located this librt.so.19 file and moved it to the same directory to see if that was the problem but it isnt. i cant open this librt file with kwrite either.

points of note.
im using a linux system.
im useless on computers
i downloaded the brlcad-7.8.0_linux_ia32.tar.bz2 version of BRLCAD from sourceforge.net, a link from brlcad.org

can anyone help??

thanks in advance

chris

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY