[Radiance-general] Sunlight through glass

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Tue Jan 17 20:25:32 CET 2006

Rob

There are some pretty whiney folks over in the M-R forums, throwing
around phrases like "class action lawsuit" and the like.  It appears
that there are some (mostly) architectural people who are claiming
that their business projects are being affected by the failure of
Next Limit to release the newest beta version of their software.
Personally, I would consider basing the welfare and completion of my
business projects on beta software risky, to put it mildly.  Suffice
it to say that a lot of the huffing and puffing seems to be
projection of some people's frustration with their own lack of
judgement.  I believe these people think they have the "right" to
sound off because they paid $495 and don;t ever seem to get any
answers as to when the next version will be out, etc.

And yes, Rob, i can very well imagine the dialog you posted below!
There would be a whole thread dedicated to how Radiance sucks because
of splotchiness and the fact that it doesn't make their coffee in the
morning.

The fact the Radiance attracts the user community that it does is a
testament to its creators and keepers.  Thanks folks.

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com

p.  215.271.7720
f.   215.271.7740