[Radiance-general] MacBook Pro - Apple and Intel

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Jan 11 19:51:23 CET 2006

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Bleicher wrote:

> Bricscad offers a Linux version of their Intellicad based products.
>
> See http://www.bricscad.com
>
> From the newsgroups I get that this version (Windows) of Intellicad is
> (once again ...) a big leap in terms of compatibility. But I guess there
> are as many requirements for AutoCAD compatibility as there are
> companies
> using it.

Yes they seem to have the most stable well developed version of
Intellicad. I keep meaning to take a more serious look at it. But it can
even be a pain between different variants of Autocad (eg, basic autocad
and adt for example).

> About the Mac mini:
>
> You can stick with the base model but you should increase the memory
> to at least 512 MB (base for the smallest mini was 256 MB, don't know
> where it's now).
>
> You could always bribe Greg to add the new features to the Linux
> version of Photosphere, too.

Gee, I am pretty sure that there is not a Linux version of Photosphere.
But if this is otherwise..... Though, there are several command line
tools  (hdrgen)  that he has kindly made available  in compiled form for
Linux/Unix.

--
# Jack de Valpine
# president