[Radiance-general] MacBook Pro - Apple and Intel

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Wed Jan 11 19:39:28 CET 2006

On 11.01.2006, at 18:55, Jack de Valpine wrote:

> Yes this is my conclusion as well. And just FYI we are completely
> on the same page about Windows. The only reason I have a windows
> machine around is really to run AutoCAD. If there was some other
> reasonable/realiable alternate that would run on Linux then I could
> be free. Though I think that Intellicad has a Linux based version,
> but as with you, probably having maximum interoperability with
> client provided data is important (as if even then it is maximally
> interoperable)....

Bricscad offers a Linux version of their Intellicad based products.

See http://www.bricscad.com

 From the newsgroups I get that this version (Windows) of Intellicad is
(once again ...) a big leap in terms of compatibility. But I guess there
are as many requirements for AutoCAD compatibility as there are
companies
using it.

About the Mac mini:

You can stick with the base model but you should increase the memory
to at least 512 MB (base for the smallest mini was 256 MB, don't know
where it's now).

You could always bribe Greg to add the new features to the Linux
version of Photosphere, too.

Thomas