[Radiance-general] MacBook Pro - Apple and Intel

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:01:59 CET 2006

> About the Mac mini:
>
> You can stick with the base model but you should increase the memory
> to at least 512 MB (base for the smallest mini was 256 MB, don't know
> where it's now).

It is 512 MB now, and usable but suboptimal for image stuff.
Upgrading memory is a bit painful, but doable:

	http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1008276.html

> You could always bribe Greg to add the new features to the Linux
> version of Photosphere, too.

You must be thinking of hdrgen.  There is no Photosphere for Linux
(or Windows), unfortunately.  Maybe in half a year or so, if things
go as planned.  I won't be doing the development myself, but I'm
scheming to get BrightSide to pay for porting Photosphere to Windows,
which they would offer commercially.  Out of it, we would also get a
free Linux version.  It's all very iffy at this point, though...
Sort of like counting on running Windows apps. natively on the new
Intel-based Macs.  It could happen.