[Radiance-general] MacBook Pro - Apple and Intel

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Jan 11 18:55:52 CET 2006

Hey Rob,

Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> I haven't spent much time looking at minis, but from what I can tell,
> for what you want to do, the base config (the $500 one Greg mentioned)
> would be fine.  The other ones cost $100-$200 more for incremental cpu
> speed increases and a DVD burner (which you probably already have).
> Of course, once you start using OSX, you'll want to keep on using it,
> for more than just Photosphere. Honestly, the only thing keeping a
> Windows machine on my desk at work is AutoCAD.  Everything else is
> much more pleasant to do on OSX, especially Radiance and all things
> command line.  But I know you have a well-established workflow, so if
> you truly only want this Mac hardware for Photosphere, I'd go for the
> basic $500 Mini.
> - Rob "is it February yet?" Guglielmetti

Yes this is my conclusion as well. And just FYI we are completely on the
same page about Windows. The only reason I have a windows machine around
is really to run AutoCAD. If there was some other reasonable/realiable
alternate that would run on Linux then I could be free. Though I think
that Intellicad has a Linux based version, but as with you, probably
having maximum interoperability with client provided data is important
(as if even then it is maximally interoperable)....

-Jack

--
# Jack de Valpine
# president