[Radiance-general] obj2mesh, UV coordinates and image aspect

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Mon Feb 20 18:47:04 CET 2006

Hi Greg. Thanks for that solution.

On 20.02.2006, at 17:24, Gregory J. Ward wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> If the problem is really just the fact that you have non-square
> images, this is easily remedied in your Radiance description.
> If the horizontal dimension in your image is larger -- say 1.5 times
> the vertical dimension, you would use a (0-1) range for each of
> u and v like so:
>
>        void colorpict tiled_pat
>        7 red green blue mytile.pic . Lu*1.5 Lv
>        0
>        0

This is what I was after in the first place. I tried exactly
this version in an earlier version of my description but I could
not see any effect. So I messed with the uv coords directly.

Now I've tried it again after your affirmation and - voila -
image mapping as desired. (I think I had an additional material
definition somewhere in the scene during my first tests that
redefined all my manual changes so they never had any effect
I could see.)

Thanks again. I knew it had to be something simple like that.

Thomas