[Radiance-general] obj2mesh, UV coordinates and image aspect

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Mon Feb 20 21:12:50 CET 2006

Interesting thing - I recently started using Blender 2.41 (from 2.37)
and I hadn't gotten around to reinstalling b/rad.  So I downloaded
the latest and copied brad.py into the ./blender/scripts folder and
cp -R copied the "brad" directory into the ./blender/scripts
directory as well, per the install instructions.  Now, when I go to
Blender's "Scripts" interface to update the menus, the only scripts
that appear in the scripts menus are the ones that are alphabetically
before brad.py, (brad is not included).  As soon as I rm brad.py and
the brad directory, the Blender Scripts menu is back to normal, with
all of the available scripts as before.

Any thoughts on why this happens?  if I manually load brad.py in
Blender (into the test window) from the Scripts directory and then
Alt-P (well, Option-P on the Mac) I get a console error telling me:
ImportError: No module named brad_i18n - etc.

Mac OS X 10.4.4, G4 dual 1.25, Blender 2.41, Python 2.4 - brad.py is
Rev 1.8 from Aug 11, 2005 (from CVS) and the rest is from brad 0.1b.
The same thing happened with the brad.py file original 0.1b release,
etc.

Thomas - pretty neat interface to brad from within Blender - I'm
interested to see how this turns out.

Thanks,

kirk

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.