[Radiance-general] ranimate, recovering from broken rpicts?

Francesco Anselmo pisuke at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 10:17:44 CET 2006

Hello,

> In your case, it might be better to manually start rpict -ro on each
> of the failed frames on separate nodes in your cluster, so the
> processes are not run in serial.

I agree with Greg, and I think you can launch rpict -ro directly
on your "master" node and wait for automatic migration,
or use the "runon" or "migrate" scripts to move the jobs to your
preferred nodes, if necessary.

In my experience, for separate single frame renderings with radiance
and openmosix I launch the rendering jobs from the same machine
with shell scripts or rad -N.

I use a sequence of rpiece commands like this
mosrun -t 1 -d 700 rpiece @args &
mosrun -t 1 -d 700 rpiece @args &

to distribute a large image rendering over my cluster.

HTH,

--
Francesco