[Radiance-general] rtcontrib scripts

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Feb 7 16:31:25 CET 2006

Hi Dave,

What kinds of problems are you having with Perl? You should be able to
do most anything you want with Perl. The main problem area can be if you
are feeding data to into and/or out of radiance programs and end up with
buffering problems. For example I only recently learned that there is a
'-u' switch for rcalc which causes output to be flushed after each
record. This came in real handy for a perl program that uses open2 to
both write to and read from an rcalc process.

-Jack

PS, as others on this list know I am a pretty strong advocate of Perl.
However, there is also a strong group who use Python for Radiance
related scripting. Of course Greg is all about shell.... Nevertheless,
as you indicate fairly good knowledge of Perl this might still be the
best place to try to get things working....