[Radiance-general] rtcontrib scripts

J. David Maino maino at psu.edu
Tue Feb 7 15:05:40 CET 2006

Hi all,

Recently I've been playing around with rtcontrib for use on my thesis
and have been developing (or trying to rather) some scripts to make data
handling a bit easier. The problem is that my knowledge of shell
scripting is rather limited, and the only other programming language I
know fairly well (perl) is not wanting to cooperate. I'm trying to
automate the process of multiplying the luminance values of the sky
patches to the corresponding RGB values that rtcontrib puts out so that
I can get illuminance data for a whole slew of sky conditions. Does
anyone know of any scripts out there that might do this, or what
programming language might be best suited to dealing with very large
files (I have a lot of illuminance points)? Any help you could offer
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave