[Radiance-general] rtcontrib scripts

J. David Maino maino at psu.edu
Tue Feb 7 18:40:05 CET 2006

Jack,

Actually, my knowledge of Perl is also rather limited, at least as far
as anything too complex goes, but file manipulations I can do just fine.
Mainly what I'm trying to do is just take a simple text file that
rtcontrib spits out and then manipulate that data. I'm not sure if I'm
just not parsing the data correctly or if the file is just too large and
my computer is dying trying to run my inefficient algorithms, but Perl
seems to be failing me for the moment. I'm sure there are faster/easier
ways to do this than what I'm currently trying, but for now I'm kinda
just sticking to what I know how to do. Perhaps I will try Python
though. Can anyone direct me to any good books about programming with
Python? Also, I will have to look into trying to directly interface with
rcalc as this sounds much easier and much more efficient than all the
intermediate steps I'm taking.

Thanks,

Dave