[Radiance-general] gloss specifications to roughness/specularity

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Feb 7 17:24:24 CET 2006

Hi Greg,

Well I was pretty sure it was wishful thinking. I guess I had been
hoping that with some understanding of the gloss appearance metric there
might be a way back into at least some meaningful ballpark for roughness
and specularity.

Ok, well on a related note, other than a full BRTD what would be the
best way to simulate a so-called metalic paint, that is a paint that
includes metal flakes...? Is this still best qualified as a plastic or
should it in fact be a metal?

-Jack