[Radiance-general] displays

Chris Foster chris.foster at npl.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 12:47:42 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I have used genbox to create a....box (obviously) and now want to change one side of it to act as the front of a display.(Im not interested in the detail of the display case, a simple box will do)
I know how to replace one of the polygons with a different material type but what does anyone recommend to use? I dont require the display to show any pictures, i just want it to have a uniform white light emitting from one side of 400 nits. Should i use an illum surface? How can i ensure it has the brightness i require??

Your reply email (below) and attachments to yuni has helped me some greg, i can now add pictures if i so wish, but not sure if it helps me with my above questions

my box is below, although im sure i havent needed to put it in.

thanks in advance

chris