[Radiance-general] Textures: perturbations in x,y,z normals

alira at gsd.harvard.edu alira at gsd.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 24 21:17:50 CEST 2006

Hi all,

   I want to experiment with the texture of the materials by modifying the
x, y and/or z normals of the surfaces in order to see how the reflected
light changes in its characteristics. However, when I modify the
normals, using texfunc as the following example, apparently, just the
main normal is modified.

   void texfunc id
   3 Px*A1  Py*A2  PZ*A3
   0
   3 A1 A2 A3

   Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make a "grid of normals"
in order to modify the normals of smaller regions of the surface? and
how can I change the scale of that "grid"?
Thanks in advance,

Adriana Lira
Master in Design Studies, 2003
Candidate for Doctor in Design Studies