[Radiance-general] starting rpict -S 1 -P pfile

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sat Oct 15 20:50:29 CEST 2005

> It may just be that you need to use the -PP option rather than -P,
> which doesn't do parallel processing.  (The -P "persist mode" is a
> relatively little-used option that permits serial execution without
> the associated startup costs -- it's more valuable for rtrace than
> rpict.)
>
> Also, each of your rpict -PP commands should be handed the same set of
> views on the standard input.  Otherwise, nothing will happen.

I cannot use -PP because my openmosix doesn't support shared memory. I
forgot to pass the view file, as I read that command line parameters
don't have to be passed. Of course, I don't pass views as command line
parameters, but from stdin, so I have to feed the view file for each
process, right? ;-)

I think that if I start more than one -P process, they WILL run
parallel (even if they use much more memory than the shared -PP
processes), right?

Thank You, CU Lars.