[Radiance-general] starting rpict -S 1 -P pfile

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 04:11:28 CEST 2005

There's no sense in using the -P option if you're after parallel
runs, because -P insists on serial runs -- it's a mechanism to
connect sequential invocations to the same process.  It's exactly the
opposite of what you need.  Just use multiple rpicts if OpenMosix
doesn't support shared memory.  It will be the same as using -PP in
that case, since there's nothing about the -PP option that *requires*
shared memory.  It just ends up using it if it's available.

-Greg