[Radiance-general] mkillum with 400 sources?

Mark de la Fuente MdelaFuente at wmtao.com
Tue Oct 11 16:04:07 CEST 2005

If you are using AutoCAD, then you might try Georg Mischler's radout.  It's much better than torad.  Never used dxf2rad, but I always make sure and use 3d faces to draw illum sources (and most others for that matter).  That way you can shade and/or turn the back face off within cad and check to make sure the faces are drawn in the right orientation.  What I have not been able to figure out (and perhaps someone knows) is how to check to make sure all 3D face points are coplanar. I've run into problems before where objects are not coplanar, but with hundreds of planes, who knows which one is drawn incorrectly!  The only quick fix to that is to triangulate.....

Mark