[Radiance-general] mkillum with 400 sources?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Oct 11 20:51:29 CEST 2005

> Never used dxf2rad, but I always make sure and use 3d faces to draw
> illum sources (and most others for that matter).

Hi,

yes, I guess for most this is ok. But if you have polygonal surfaces
(which means that there may be more than 4 vertices), 3dfaces cannot
represent these any more without first splitting them to triangular or
quadrangular faces, if I understood the dxf-faces right. Am I wrong
here? And triangular faces are the worst to use for mkillum.

Closed polylines might work, but as you can see from Schorsch's mail,
there is again a difference between 2d and 3d polylines. And here, if
you are not working with Autocad, it is really difficult to find out
what kind of polylines are written to your dxf...

CU Lars.