[Radiance-general] mkillum with 400 sources?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Oct 10 18:19:30 CEST 2005

> Make sure that you're using 2D-Polylines. 3DPolys will be ignored,
> even if they are actually planar (it would be too much work for
> dxf2rad to check that). Also make sure that they are really closed
> with the "closed flag". It is not enough to just place the last
> vertex on top of the first one.

Hi Schorsch,

thank you for the hint, for someone not that familiar in Autocadland
this is really hard... especially as I am currently working in formZ
and have to get the geometry (dxf) from there.

I did it a bit different now. I read again the obj2rad manpage, and
found out that the obj geometry is triangulated ONLY if not planar OR
if there is surface normal information included in the file. So I
switched off the normals - et voilà, I got the polygons!

I have just started the next run of mkillum now, which is much more
promising, cause there is really nothing worse to feed to mkillum than
triangulated faces. I hope the normals will still be right, as the
faces were editet correctly, but you never know what cad / modelling
software is doing to your scene...

So thank You, and sorry for some of my questions which were a bit
misleading cause the problem was completely different than I had
guessed, but I am just getting crazy with that mkillum step in my scene
at the moment ;-)

CU, greetings to Munich, Lars.