[Radiance-general] rtcontrib and ambient cache

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Sat May 28 06:11:59 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 11:11 pm, Greg Ward said:
> Me again.

> I checked, and the calculation seems to be behaving as I expected it
> to, anyway.  Are you sure you aren't getting the indirect component?
> Maybe there's something else amiss with your rendering parameters.
> Try placing "-defaults" where the octree is now and see what
> rtcontrib spits out for the full parameter list.

Hi Greg,

I did like you asked, and the only thing that stuck out was the -ab 1 as a
possible culprit, so I reran it with -ab 3, but I get the same result.
It's a room with two downlights, and even with -ab 3 there is no light on
the ceiling with the differential pics.  So I dumped the -defaults to a
text file for you, and will send it (along with some renderings) to you in
a separate email.

--
Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org