[Radiance-general] rtcontrib and ambient cache

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:40:08 CEST 2005

Hi Rob,

I found the problem.  It has to do with your -ad 1536 value and the
way I'm computing weights, which causes the ambient rays to drop
below your -lw threshold.  I made a temporary fix that circumvents
the problem in this case, but I haven't checked it into CVS because I
need to think more carefully about how I'm computing ray weights in
this part of the code.  I'll check it in when I'm sure I have it
right this times.

Thanks -- you're my alpha alpha tester!
-Greg