[Radiance-general] rtcontrib and ambient cache

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sat May 28 05:11:58 CEST 2005

Me again.

> From: "Rob Guglielmetti" <rpg at rumblestrip.org>
> Date: May 27, 2005 2:28:02 PM PDT
>
> b) Is this the only reason for the direct-only component showing up
> in the
> renderings, or is this the intended result of the command?  IOW, I was
> hoping to be able to create renderings that showed the net result of a
> single light source, but both its direct *and* indirect
> contributions to
> the scene. Can this be done?

I checked, and the calculation seems to be behaving as I expected it
to, anyway.  Are you sure you aren't getting the indirect component?
Maybe there's something else amiss with your rendering parameters.
Try placing "-defaults" where the octree is now and see what
rtcontrib spits out for the full parameter list.