[Radiance-general] obj parser in obj2rad and obj2mesh

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:53:31 CEST 2005

Hi Lars,

I found the problem.  You have a couple of polygons with 105
vertices, which obj2rad leaves as is, but obj2mesh has to convert
these to triangles, since that's all the mesh primitive supports.
Unfortunately, the algorithm in place to do this only works properly
for convex polygons.  Implementing a proper, general triangulation
method is a hard problem, and not something I have time for at the
moment.

If anyone out there has a bit of code they'd like to lend to the
cause, or a good reference they can recommend, I'd be happy to hear it.

-Greg