[Radiance-general] how to filter objects by modifier?

Lars Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Mar 30 12:57:06 CEST 2005

Hi again,

so there is a real problem now... I had forgotten that there are not only
4liners as objects in radiance. So e.g. a polygon may be described on 5 or
more lines, depending on the number of points, and that's where I have to
write some kind of a parser to filter the complete objects :-( At least I
will have to get the first integer in a line, read n1 objects, than the
first  integer on the line following the last objects, again read n2
objects, and so on... a pretty difficult task for someone new to sed and
awk... Will have a look at O'Reilly's "Awk and Sed" book now.

CU Lars.