[Radiance-general] dynamic range

Despina Michael despina_m81 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:30:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am not sure if I am allowed to ask something out of Radiance commands but I venture this because I don't know any other forum where can someone answer this.

I am studying High Dynamic Range Image Encodings (G. Ward) and in order to undrestand some things better I would like to ask the following:
a) does dynamic range 1000:1 same as 1 order of magnitude?
b) what is maximum dynamic range that can exist in real world?
c) what dynamic range can human eye see?
d) what do we mean with cd/(m^2) ? where m^2: m=base, 2 = exponent

Thanks,
Despina