[Radiance-general] lighting per pixel or per face? - obj2mesh (new)

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:19:22 CET 2005

Hi Despina,

If your geometry actually contains these creases, which it does, how
can you expect Radiance NOT to render them?  The .OBJ file you sent me
has numerous problems.  The creases are caused by incorrect surface
normals at the patch boundaries.  If you take these out by running
obj2rad -f, then you see the polygonal faces and get a lot of warnings
about non-planar polygons.  I didn't check to determine if your
polygons really are non-planar or if it's simply an issue with too few
significant digits in your vertex coordinates.

I would recommend a different modeling system.
-Greg