[Radiance-general] lighting per pixel or per face?

Fitzsimmons, Rob Rob.Fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Wed Mar 23 23:01:36 CET 2005

 Is that an imported/converted cylinder or a native Radiance cylinder?
If the former, try increasing the poly resolution before exporting
I use obj2mesh and it smooths pretty well

I believe its per pixel computation

Rob F

-----Original Message-----
From: Despina Michael
To: Radiance general discussion
Sent: 3/23/2005 1:45 PM
Subject: [Radiance-general] lighting per pixel or per face?

Hi there!

I am wondering whether radiance make per pixel computations for lighting
or it just make computations per face (triangle/surface)

I have tried to illuminate a cylinder with a light probe.
If you look at resulted image, you can distinguish the faces/divisions
from which cylinder model is made of.

You can see the result in jpg here
http://www2cs.ucy.ac.cy/~cs99dm1/resultRadiance.jpg
<http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~cs99dm1/resultRadiance.jpg>
The problem that I tried to explain in the previous paragraph is there
where red arrows show. (I added arrows manually)

Is there a way to make the lighting smoother in area  where red arrows
show?

I used this to take the result:
rpict -x 600 -y 600 -t 30 -ab 2 -ar 10000 -aa 1.0 -ad 2048 -as 1024 -st
0 -sj 1 -lw 0 -lr 8 -vf camera.vp thermos12_base.oct > res.hdr

Thanks,
Despina
 <<ATT1462924.txt>>