[Radiance-general] Difference between .pic colours and traced ray colours

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:25:34 CET 2005

Hi Tarik,

The difference could be due to the change in pixel center between
vwrays and rpict.  Rpict normally "jitters" pixel centers as an
anti-aliasing measure.  If you rerender your image, turning jitterinig
off with -pj 0, you will get the exact pixel centers produced by
vwrays.  Being off by even a fraction of a pixel can make a difference
in the result, especially near the object's visible boundaries.

-Greg