[Radiance-general] Difference between .pic colours and traced ray colours

Tarik Rahman tarik.rahman at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 12:22:14 CET 2005

Sorry I meant that I have created the .pic and then I view it in HDRShop. Say
the first pixel of the green surface rendered, ( Aren't .pics rendered  from
top down, left to right?) pixel 216, 238 has the luminance (sorry, not
reflectance) value of
(0.307, 0.541, 0.291)
Well, in the rays.txt file from

 ./vwrays.exe -fd greenbox.pic | rtrace -fda `vwrays -d greenbox.pic` -ovm
testroom.oct  | grep "green_plastic" > rays.txt

I get (0.239, 0.443, 0.219) which are similar but not exactly the same values.

--
Tarik Rahman
PhD student, Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour