[Radiance-general] rpict settings & open area relation

Jelle Feringa / EZCT Architecture & Design Research jelle.feringa at ezct.net
Thu Jun 9 12:56:46 CEST 2005

Dear Greg,

I uploaded some images to: www.ezct.net/radiance/rpict_area_settings/
Currently I'm using the following rpict parameters:

rpict.exe -vf render.vf -ab 3 -ar 512 -ad 512 -ps 1 -as 512 -x 1500 -y 1500

which is pretty basic, but as you'll see in the last frame is fast and
artifact free, whereas there's little open area in the initial frame, which
of course leads to artifacts.

I'm rendering out a animation which shows a cube dissolving in space, each
frame cuts out a certain area of the box, slowly leaving it to dissolve.
I figure having the open area parameter drive the Radiance parameters would
be a good approach, wouldn't it?

Cheers,

Jelle.

******
Hi Jelle,

What would be useful is a web link to some of your images, so we can
see your model and the artifacts you are facing.

-Greg
******